Note! Apply link will take you to an external website.
Consultancy: Support for MHPSS Forecasting Quantification Activity in Liberia
Results for Development, Liberia
As mentioned in job details
Sep 7, 2021
Oct 7, 2021
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversityof ideas, identities, perspectives and backgroundsis vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
Project BackgroundResults for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results.
The Health Systems Strengthening Accelerator (Accelerator) is a global initiative funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through a Cooperative Agreement, with co-funding from the Bill amp; Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). Its goal is to strengthen institutions and processes, build local expertise, and support countries as they co-create, innovate and adapt, in order to build more effective and sustainable health system interventions on their journeys to self-reliance. The program’s approach supports local partners as they lead implementation and find their own pathways to meaningful and lasting health systems change. The Accelerator is led by R4D.
The Inclusive Development Hub of USAID’s Bureau for Development, Democracy, and Innovation (DDI) has engaged with the Accelerator to support the Government of Liberia (GoL) in expanding the provision of high-quality mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) services. Accelerator support to the GoL will be implemented over a period of 12 months. Overall, the project will seek to strengthen key health system functions (with tools, processes, and capacities) that can mitigate the care, quality, and/or prevention gaps in Liberia’s MHPSS response.OpportunityThe Accelerator is seeking a consultant to support the forecasting and quantification (Famp;Q) of mental health drugs to improve the stewardship role of the Mental Health Unit (MH Unit) of the Liberian Ministry of Health in this area. The Accelerator and consultant will work collaboratively with the MH Unit to facilitate the Famp;Q exercise, helping to produce a supply plan and key tools and processes for the MHU’s use. Key tasks will include:
QualificationsThe ideal consultant will have the following qualifications:
- Direct communication with the MOH including the MH Unit, the Department of Pharmaceutical Services and National Quantification Team, and other government agencies and non-government commodity actors engaged in MH medicine provision.
- Convening the MH Unit and other mental health stakeholders to update and validate the national essential medicines list for MH
- Developing a Famp;Q tool and SOP for mental health drugs which may be institutionalized at the MOH and used annually to ensure adequate stocks of protocol medicines for supporting adherence to prescribed MH treatment.
- Supporting the development of a supply plan and relevant documentation to help inform future Famp;Q processes.
How to Apply:To apply for this consultant position, send your cover letter, resume, salary range requirements, availability, and 2 relevant samples of work to . Please include "Consultant - Famp;Q Liberia - Your Name" in the subject line of the email.
- Master’s or doctoral degree in a relevant field (public health, pharmaceutical studies, procurement/supply chain management, business administration or similar)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience in health commodity forecasting and planning (particularly in post-conflict and LMICs)
- Professional knowledge on Forecasting amp; Quantification principles, tools and methods
- Demonstrated track record of working with and facilitating engagements with government health agencies (MoH, etc.), civil society/community organizations, and other key health stakeholders in the MHPSS space
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to: effectively facilitate high-level meetings and trainings; prepare clear and concise emails, presentations, and reports
- High level of organization, attention to detail, professionalism, proactivity, and reliability to ensure timely completion of Accelerator project objectives
- High level of Microsoft Office proficiency, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Fluency in both oral and written English
* PLEASE DO NOT USE THE APPLICATION PORTAL TO SUBMIT*
Results for Development is anEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer committed tofosteringand nurturing an energetic, collaborative and diverse workforce.R4D provides market-competitivesalaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
Results for Development
Information Technology and Services - Washington, United States